As part of our Final Year development projects as Swansea Graduate Entry Medical Students we are working with Professor McKimm to evaluate the success and growth of the Clinical leadership and management programme for Foundation Doctors. As previous successful graduates of the programme your input is greatly appreciated.
Attached is a survey which asks a small number of questions regarding your time spent on the programme, personal development and reasons for entering the programme. This survey is part of the ongoing evaluation of all our clinical leadership programmes. Please be assured that your responses will be kept confidential and only aggregated data will be used in reports or publications.
Your time to complete this is really valued, we know you are busy but this information helps us to maintain and improve the programmes and provide ongoing leadership development for future doctors and other health professionals in training. The aims of the evaluation are:
1. To determine whether participants perceive the programme as making a significant difference in development of clinical leadership and management capabilities and understanding;
2. To identify key features of the programme that contribute to participants’ professional development as clinical leaders/managers;
3. To identify barriers to engagement in leadership development activities, including work-based projects;
4. To identify improvements that could be made to the programme.
As mentioned this questionnaire will form part of our Final Year development projects. However with the guidance of Professor McKimm we are hoping to provide a detailed evaluation of the success and progress of the Clinical Leadership programme at Leicester since it began five years ago. Within this we will evaluate three key areas:
1. Evaluation of the efficacy of the clinical leadership programme with respect to development of applicants as successful clinical leaders;
2. Analysis of applicants’ personal development portfolios in the context of establish leadership theories;
3. Comparative analysis of the applicant’s management plans, identifying common themes and challenges encountered.
In order to meet these objectives, we would very much appreciate it if you would be willing to be contacted for telephone interview so that we can explore in more detail what it is that helps make doctors in training effective clinical leaders.
Thank you once again for your time.
Jack Munro Berry